Olvera Advisors is a Sydney based boutique advisory firm, specialising in business transformations, distressed debt & capital and crisis management. Olvera solve complex issues in distressed environments and work with a diverse range of industries and clients including fashion and retail, energy and mining, construction, media and entertainment, and hospitality.
Problem solvers and creative thinkers. Put your talents to use where opportunities are limitless, and every day makes a difference. Olvera Advisors are seeking a motivated individual with an interest in business advisory, transformation and restructuring to join our dynamic practice. You will be a member of a team tasked with providing innovative and timely solutions to clients.
By joining us, you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment. Once established in the firm, you will also have the chance be involved in business development activities including the creation of client pitches and proposals to win new business.
We take the time to understand the complexity of stakeholders needs and the
importance of value preservations strategies in Voluntary Administration or
Liquidation scenarios. In the undertaking of these scenarios, an integral part of this
role will include:
- Dealing with stakeholder enquires over the telephone and in writing
- Assisting and prepare of statutory reports
- Assisting with investigations into an insolvent entity’s finances
- Analysing financial statements and accounting records
You will work on a range of diverse high-profile clients and gain experience in industries including hospitality, retail, and media. You will continue to be challenged within your role with no one day being the same.
- Managing client engagements
- Project work including financial modelling
- Managing junior staff members
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Proficiency in using excel to interpret data and generate insights
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide support to senior team members
- Enjoy coming to work!
- Management of statutory reporting/requirements
- Liaising with creditors and clients.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have a graduate degree. Postgraduate studies (or courses) are a plus but not a must – we can build that into your personal development plan. In addition, you will need:
- CA qualification or working towards completion
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (i.e. a degree in commerce/economics/business and/or law, majors/minors in accounting or finance)
- Strong ability to make sense of financial information (i.e. tell the story behind the numbers)
- A positive attitude and the ability to develop cooperative and inclusive working relationships with others, whilst considering the needs of others
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emotional intelligence to build on relationships with team members, clients, and key stakeholders
- Strong written & verbal skills
- Aptitude to identify, scope and solve problems
- Management of court liquidations, CVL’s, VA’s and small business
- A questioning mind!
Perks and benefits:
We place great importance on what motivates you, your goals and aspirations and together we will develop a professional and personal programme that address diversity, community and empathy to achieve your goals.
At Olvera, we care about your professional development and career goals. We place great importance on your goals, motivations and aspirations, and will work with you to develop a professional and personal programme that will help you to achieve your goals.
You will be a part of a collaborative team culture, where the Principals of the firm sit amongst everyone to encourage engagement at all levels, at all times. Being part of the Olvera Advisors team means being a part of the Olly family. We take care of each other and our community.
Some other perks and benefits at Olvera include:
- Competitive salary package
- Direct exposure to the Leadership team
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Support & opportunities for external training and education
- Work life balance
- Team activities and events.
Inclusion and Diversity at Olvera:
Olvera Advisors recognises and embraces individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. Inclusion and Diversity is a cornerstone to our philosophy and values at Olvera.
If you are looking for a firm who can offer a genuine career platform that provides a
work life balance, then this is the opportunity for you.